Theresa's Overseas Musings

Welcome to my blog. I'm currently living in Gaborone, Botswana. This is my first time living overseas (as opposed to being stationed here), and we're supposed to be here for two years. Of course, the opinions expressed here are entirely my own. If you don't agree, create your own blog! :)

Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

I'm a woman trying to live the best life I can.

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Spa weekend

So I went to a spa in South Africa with 4 other women over the weekend. It was pretty good. Maybe I'm not a good judge, though. I've only been to a day spa before. I spent more for my part of the cottage than I did on food and the treatments. The massage and facial were great! The food was wonderful, too. You paid a set price for a three course dinner (less than US $30) and breakfast was included with the room. I had duck the first night (it was perfect, not greasy or dry, and the sauce was wonderful) and for dessert I had Kahlua crème brulè. I've had crème brulè before, but this was incredible! The second night I had rack of lamb (they had real mint apple jelly!), seafood (prawn, mussel, and kingklip) and cream sauce filled puff pastry as an appetizer, and Tiramisu for dessert.
The long ride back up to Gabs negated the good the massage did. My neck and shoulders are as tight as they were before I left. I guess I need to find a good masseuse in Gabs! It would be faster and cheaper than going away for the weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home