Theresa's Overseas Musings

Welcome to my blog. I'm currently living in Gaborone, Botswana. This is my first time living overseas (as opposed to being stationed here), and we're supposed to be here for two years. Of course, the opinions expressed here are entirely my own. If you don't agree, create your own blog! :)

Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

I'm a woman trying to live the best life I can.

Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Another flood

I can't believe it! Our house flooded again!!! At least this time it's confined to the first floor. The heat has been on all winter (our $227 electric bill last month and $165 the month before will testify to that). The guy taking care of our house (Joe) checks it every few days. When he went there Monday night, his time, there were a few inches of standing water in the kitchen and living room. Apparantly the spigot on the outside of the house underneath the kitchen window froze and burst!? The water went into the house. My house is weird. The pipes don't freeze and burst where you expect them to. It's outside the house or in an inside wall on the second floor. The good news is that there are no personal belongings in the house. They're all with us. The only things that are on the floor to get ruined are the carpets, laminate flooring, doors, baseboards, and furniture. They can easily we replaced. It's a good thing I brought the two smoking tables that have been in my family for generations with me. They made the trip through 8 months in storage and 2 months on a ship across an ocean unscathed.
Joe thinks we're being blase, but this isn't our first time. Plus we're not there to see the damage. It turns out the claims adjustor is the same woman who did it last time. Funny, huh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home