Theresa's Overseas Musings

Welcome to my blog. I'm currently living in Gaborone, Botswana. This is my first time living overseas (as opposed to being stationed here), and we're supposed to be here for two years. Of course, the opinions expressed here are entirely my own. If you don't agree, create your own blog! :)

Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

I'm a woman trying to live the best life I can.

Friday, January 14, 2005

Our stuff is here!

YEA! Our stuff has arrived! It was delivered to our house on Tuesday. The movers unloaded the crates, and unpacked a majority of the boxes for us. I now have about 2 months worth of laundry to wash, but I also have my new pots and pans. :) And our bed!!!!!! And I have all of my crochet patterns, clothes, and boxes of books I haven't read yet. A lot of the clothes that arrived are for winter, so they aren't going to be much use to me while in Botswana, but you can't have everything. Mike also has all of his woodworking tools, books, and magazines.

We were given Wednesday off work as well to deal with organizing and putting things away. Most of our stuff is put away now. We have to put in work requests to have our pictures hung (all of the walls of our house are concrete), as well as take away the extra furniture. We brought our bedroom furniture, so now we have an extra bedroom set in the house. But we've been able to sleep on OUR bed for the past three nights! It's been wonderful. I've missed that bed the past 10 months. It's the little things that make life overseas comfortable for the long term. Like having my own pillow, too. Now all we need is the car we bought from Japan, and we can start LIVING in Gaborone. Maybe next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home