Theresa's Overseas Musings

Welcome to my blog. I'm currently living in Gaborone, Botswana. This is my first time living overseas (as opposed to being stationed here), and we're supposed to be here for two years. Of course, the opinions expressed here are entirely my own. If you don't agree, create your own blog! :)

Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

I'm a woman trying to live the best life I can.

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Interesting meats

One thing I forgot to mention when I was posting about my first trip to Cape Town was the interesting meats I tried. One night I had what I like to call the Southern Africa Atkins special: ostrich, warthog, kudu, and springbok, plus an antelope sausage. It was all on one long skewer and was basted with quince jelly sauce. It was absolutely wonderful! I probably could have finished all of the meat if I had ignored the rice that came with it. The restaurant was called the City Grill. It was right on the water at the Victoria and Alfred Waterfront. I had seen crocodile on the menu when I was there the first time, so I went back there again before I left. Unlike the African Atkins special, I wouldn't recommend the crocodile. Maybe it was the sauce they used (cream and black pepper). All I could taste was black pepper. It didn't taste bad, but it was boring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home