Theresa's Overseas Musings

Welcome to my blog. I'm currently living in Gaborone, Botswana. This is my first time living overseas (as opposed to being stationed here), and we're supposed to be here for two years. Of course, the opinions expressed here are entirely my own. If you don't agree, create your own blog! :)

Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

I'm a woman trying to live the best life I can.

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Back to Stellenbosch

I went back to Stellenbosch, South Africa on August 21. I spent the week working with a contractor down there on the new IPT Register (this one is a .NET version). The goal was for me to bring back a prototype that I could work on. We accomplished the goal.
It was cold and wet the entire time I was in Stellenbosch! The heater in my room certainly got a workout. I got to the hotel (Lanzerac Manor) at 6:30 Sunday night. I didn't feel like driving around to find someplace to eat, so I ate at their restaurant. It was pretty good, actually.
Even though I left the office at 2:30 on Friday (but didn't stop for lunch), I still worked 8 hours of overtime that week. After I left the contractor's office on Friday, I went to a cellar tour and wine tasting at the hotel. I ended up buying two bottles of late harvest wine. One thing I like about being in southern Africa is the price of wine. You can get a decent bottle for much less than in the US. I've bought bottles of wine that I like for US $5-10!
The bad part about the trip was that within a week of getting back to Gaborone, I was sick.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home